This content contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link on this page, we might receive a commission at no cost to you.
If you love burgers and grilling, chances are you love a good sauce too. Ranch has become a number one sauce for burgers, chicken, and even pizza lovers. Some people love to use store-bought ranch and others love to make their own sauce.
In this recipe, you will find a great and easy-to-make ranch themed burger! The patty recipe utilizes the same spices that go into traditional ranch and is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Not only that, we’ll show you how to make an easy homemade sauce that is an amazing addition to your burger and your grilling experience. Everyone who tries this homemade sauce loves it, especially burger fans.
Did we mention bacon? Oh yeah, this recipe doesn’t skip out on the world’s most beloved food. Read on for our epic bacon ranch burger recipe!
Prepping Your Ranch Burger Patties
Before getting started with the sauce and the grilling out, make sure you prep the patties correctly to ensure that your hamburgers don’t crumble. Remember that patties shrink a little when they cook, so make sure you make them slightly larger than the size you actually want.
You should be able to get 3-4 patties for every pound of meat, depending on how big you like your burgers. When using the grill, you want to make sure that the patty reaches an internal temperature of about 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Make the patties about ¾ inches thick to give them a quick and easy cooking time. Also, don’t forget to make an indention in the center of the burger so that it won’t bulge while you cook!
Tips for Getting a Juicy Bacon Ranch Burger
Nothing is worse than a dry burger, especially when are entertaining guests and want them to enjoy their food! Grilling a juicy burger doesn’t have to be hard though. Just follow these tips:
- Choose beef with higher fat content. 80/20 tends to give the juiciest burgers. Lean meat will inherently lead to a dryer burger. For more on this topic check out our resource on the best meats for burgers.
- Don’t over mix the meat or spend too much on forming the patties. This will take out much of the natural juices and leave you with a dry burger.
- Keep the meat refrigerated until about 15-20 minutes before cooking time. Leaving it out on the counter for too long will cause more of the fat to leave the meat and make it dry.
- Choose fresh ground meat. Fresh meat will always be juicier than frozen.
Can I Keep Leftover Burgers?
It’s not uncommon to have more meat than required for the meal you’re about to have. The good news is that our ranch burger recipe is fantastic leftover!
If you have leftovers, keep them in an airtight container in the fridge so they won’t lose moisture. The burger patties should keep for about 3-4 days.
You can reheat burgers in many different ways, but on the grill or oven is the best for keeping them juicy. Microwaving is best for quickness but might make them much drier than when you had them the first time.
Store the homemade sauce in a separate container and add it to the burgers as you are ready to eat them. Storing the burger with the ranch sauce might make the burger soggy.
What Can I Serve with Bacon Ranch Burgers?
Ranch burgers are like your traditional burger in the sense that they are a pretty versatile food and can be served with a multitude of sides. Ranch burgers are typically thought of as spring or summer cookout food, so think of side dishes that work great at outdoor events.
Some of the best choices for side dishes are:
- Potato salad
- Baked beans
- Macaroni and cheese
- Potato chips (any flavor works)
- French fries
Best Buns for Bacon Ranch Burgers
Any kind of bun will work with these burgers. Some people choose whole grain or multi-grain to make the meal a little healthier. Others prefer the classic buns. The ranch sauce goes perfect with any kind of bun though, including gluten-free options.
If you want to mix things up, this ranch burger recipe pairs really nicely with pretzel buns too.
No matter what kind of bread you choose, try to toast it before putting the burger on it. Toasting it will give the entire burger a better texture and keep the meat warm as you eat. You don’t need to toast it for long, just a few minutes so you can have a nice warm bun.
What Do the Breadcrumbs Do?
You might have seen many burger recipes that use breadcrumbs. They are a popular addition to many burger recipes for a few reasons. The breadcrumbs act as an adhesive ingredient. In other words, they help the burger stay together and won’t leave you patties that constantly fall apart and break.
Breadcrumbs are more important the fresher your meat is. It will also help to keep the patty at its original size, instead of it shrinking so much. Adding in a little bit of breadcrumbs can also add in just a little bit of crunch. This adds in some extra texture and makes the burgers even a little more tasty.
This bacon ranch burger is an easy way to add some variety to your burgers and grilling experience. Almost everyone loves ranch and bacon, so these are sure to be a favorite at your next event or cookout.
Also, this burger recipe makes an excellent pair with smoked burgers – so if you want to add an extra layer of flavor to this already incredibly tasty recipe, head on over to our guide on how to smoke burgers next.
And if you liked this one, you may want to check out our hatch chile cheeseburger recipe too!
Bacon Ranch Burger
Burger Patty Ingredients
- 1 lb ground beef we like 80/20 ground chuck
- 1 package ranch dressing mix (1 oz)
- 1 egg beaten
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
Homemade Ranch Sauce Ingredients
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup relish
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/2 yellow onion julienned and sautéd
- tomato slices
- Combine homemade ranch sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined. Place bowl in the fridge until burgers are ready to serve
- Cook your bacon slices to desired doneness (we cook bacon in the oven for this recipe)
- In a bowl mix ground beef, ranch dressing mix, egg, bread crumbs, and chopped onion. Stop after the ingredients are evenly combined and don't over work the mixture
- Form burger mixture into four evenly sized circular patties
- Preheat grill to 375ºF
- Place burger patties onto grill grate. Cook for about 5-6 minutes per side, flipping once about halfway through
- Place cheddar cheese slices on the burger patties for the last minute or so that they are on the grill – so the cheese melts onto the burger patties
- Remove burgers from the grill once they reach desired doneness. Let them rest for about 5-8 minutes
- While burgers rest, lightly sauté the other half of your yellow onion in a sauce pan with a splash of olive oil
- Place burger patties on buns and top with bacon, onion, tomato slices, and homemade ranch sauce. Serve and enjoy!