This content contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link on this page, we might receive a commission at no cost to you.
Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon, or not at all – Harriet Van Horne
She may have found fame as a newspaper columnist, but Harriet Van Horne knew a thing or two about cooking as well.
It becomes a consuming hobby, it’s all that you’ll think about and all that you want to think about. And do you know what the greatest cooking secret of all is?
What the one aspect of it that has encouraged generation after generation of amateur cooks to follow its alluring rhythm from the cradle to the grave is and the hidden truth that no chef wants to tell any outsider about is?
It’s that cooking outside is far more addictive and pleasurable than cooking inside.
But if you’re going to devote your life to the craft of cooking outside, most commonly in the form of grilling, you’ll need the right gas grill to work with.
A good grill is the brush, palate, and canvas that you use to create your masterpieces, and while certain quarters of the grilling community insist that wood and charcoal are the best way to grill, we’ve always found that gas is more efficient, it also trumps its rivals in the flavor stakes.
That’s why we compiled a list of the best three burner gas grills so that you can travel down the same path to grilling perfection as we are, and experience the cornucopia of flavors that three burners will help you to achieve when grilling.
It’s time to follow your heart and start grilling with gas…
Best 3 Burner Gas Grills
Weber’s every thought is about grilling. Grilling is their modus operandi and their reason to exist, and for nearly seventy years they’ve devoted their every waking moment to developing the world of grilling bit by bit.
They’ve come a long way since nineteen fifty-two when they took an old marine buoy and with a little MacGyver style know-how, transformed it into the world’s first kettle barbecue.
The Genesis Genesis E-325S is the current pinnacle of Weber’s continuing grilling evolution and uses their patented GS4 High Performance System.
What is GS4? We’re glad you asked.
It combines Weber’s Infinity Ignition which guarantees that your grill will fire up every single time, perfectly placed burners to ensure an even distribution of heat, flavorizer bars to imbue your cook with an irresistible smokey flavor, and a grease management system that prevents any and all potential flare-ups.
Combine all of that with three burners capable of providing thirty-nine thousand BTUs (British Thermal Units) of heat to the five hundred and thirty square inches of the primary cooking area and an additional side burner which serves up twelve thousand BTUs to the one hundred and thirteen squares inches of space that make up the secondary cooking area, and you’ve got one of the most powerful weapons in the grilling world at your disposal.
Some grills hang around your yard and just look pretty, while others, like Genesis II, can change your life.
Everything that you’ll ever need, or want, to know about grilling can be learned in front of this monstrously powerful and simple to master grill.
Weber set out to change the world of grilling forever, and with Genesis II, they are well on the way to achieving ambition.
If you want to see the difference between Weber Spirit and Genesis grills, you can check out our resource on that topic right here.
- Webers Infinity Ignition comes with a ten-year warranty that’ll give you the peace of mind to grill your way through five hundred weekend cook-outs before you even need to start thinking about replacing it.
- As well as the five hundred and thirty square inches of cooking space that the main grill has, the additional side burner also provides another one hundred and thirteen square inches.
- That’s an incredible amount of cooking room that’ll provide you with all of the grilling power that you’ll need to feed an entire neighborhood.
- And all that space comes with an incredible total of more than forty-eight thousand BTU’s of heat. It’s like having your own personal, fully controlled volcano on permanent stand-by.
- If all of that wasn’t enough, the Genesis II is also incredibly easy to set up and simple to use. It was made to give amateurs all of the advantages that the professionals have, and that’s exactly what it does.
- It’s a natural gas grill, not a propane unit so you’ll need to have a gas line in your yard or on your decking to run the Genesis II off. No gas, no grilling.
- All of the incredible grilling power that Weber has packed into Genesis II comes at a not unexpected, eye-watering price.
- It’ll melt your pocketbook and break your bank balance, so you’re going to need to decide if that’s a price that you’re willing to pay for the Genesis.
- The hits just keep coming, as the Genesis II also has a weight problem, which will become your weight problem if you want to try and move it around your yard or deck.
- At one hundred and fifty pounds, it’s far from being a lightweight piece of kit, so once you’ve wheeled it into place, there’s a good chance that it’ll stay where it’s our forevermore.
Let me tell you, once you go Blaze, you’ll never see grilling the same way again. This beauty right here is your ticket to backyard barbecue bliss.
The Blaze Prelude packs some serious craftsmanship into its grills, built to handle even the most diehard pitmaster’s cooking demands. We’re talking commercial-grade stainless steel construction designed to withstand the elements year after year.
Under the hood, you’ve got three beastly burners cranking out 14,000 BTUs of searing heat each. That’s 42,000 BTUs total – more than enough to handle a full cookout spread with room to spare.
These durable stainless steel grates give you 558 square inches to work your grilling magic. I’m salivating just thinking about the steaks I’d throw down!
And check this out – Blaze equips this bad boy with push-button flame ignition. I’m talkin’ quick, reliable startups every single time you’re ready to grill.
Plus, you get two side tables, four smooth-rolling wheels, and a cart with storage for your tank, accessories, and more.
If you ask me, Blaze just about thought of everything to make you the MVP of your neighborhood cookouts. And they back it up with a lifetime warranty so you know it’s built to last.
So why keep struggling with that old clunker when you could fire up grilling greatness with a Blaze? I’m tellin’ ya, you won’t regret it.
Well, let me tell ya, this Victory propane beauty is primed for grillin’ victory every time.
The whole thing is crafted from robust 18-gauge stainless – we’re talkin’ commercial-grade durability here, folks. You just don’t see that level of quality in many grills, but Victory pulls out all the stops.
Triple-thick flame tamers spread heat evenly across over 600 square inches of grilling space. Drippings sizzle away from the burners so you can kiss goodbye to crazy flare-ups. And the double-walled construction locks in heat for prime grilling temps.
But wait, there’s more! This baby boasts not just three 12,000 BTU burners, but a searing infrared side burner for that steakhouse char we all crave. Light ’em up with a simple battery-free ignition switch and watch ’em roar.
And check it out – Victory throws in prep space, built-in tool hooks, huge storage, locking wheels…they thought of everything! You even get a hood-mounted thermometer to monitor the heat.
Folks, if you’re looking to be king of the cookout, this is your grill. Victory’s got you covered with durability, power, and features galore. At this price, it just can’t be beat.
Forget everything you know about traditional gas grills. SABER’s patented infrared technology lets you achieve competition-style results with any home cookin’ skill level.
The secret’s in the unique grate design. It harnesses infrared heat while preventing nasty flare-ups and locking in moisture. I’m talkin’ unreal grill marks and juiciness you can sink your teeth into.
And get this – SABER grills use up to 30% less fuel for faster, more efficient cook times. More flavor in less time? Now that’s music to my ears.
This stainless steel beauty serves up 500 square inches of premium grilling real estate. Dial in precise temps across three zones while monitoring internal heat with lid-up gauges.
One side shelf houses a 10,000 BTU burner for sauces and sides. The other keeps your tools and brewskies handy. And with a fold-down warming rack, there’s room to grill for the whole neighborhood.
Assembly’s a breeze and clean-up’s just as simple with removable grease trays and porcelain-coated boxes. Plus, it’s all backed by a shiny stainless cart with storage galore.
So kiss lackluster cookouts goodbye and hi-ho SABER! This infrared grill puts serious BBQ bragging rights right at your fingertips. Your tastebuds better hold on tight!
Serious grillers demand quality materials and engineering for optimal heat retention and distribution. Grills like the Weber Spirit E-330 deliver. Not only is this grill a true Weber classic it also offers so many amazing features like:
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates prevent sticking and provide excellent heat retention
- The side burner allows for preparing sauces and sides while grilling
- Porcelain-enameled Flavorizer bars minimize flare-ups and infuse flavor
- Stainless steel side tables offer generous prep space and tool hooks
- The searing station enables restaurant-quality sear marks
Premium materials like cast iron, porcelain-enameled components, and stainless steel construction ensure the Weber Spirit E-330 can withstand heavy use season after season. This grill is built to last.
The Crème de la crème of 3 burner grills would have to be the Artisan Professional Series, proudly made in the USA using top-tier 304 stainless steel. This 32-inch ARTP-32C-LP freestanding propane gas grill offers a range of exceptional features designed to enhance your grilling experience.
One standout feature is the seamlessly welded double-walled hood, meticulously crafted to trap heat inside, ensuring your grill remains hot for consistent cooking perfection.
At the core of this grill are three stainless steel U-burners, each capable of delivering a reliable 20,000 BTUs of heat output. What sets this grill apart is the 1/2-inch thick ceramic briquettes that evenly distribute this high heat across the cooking surface, guaranteeing even cooking results every time.
Starting your grill is super easy, thanks to the amazing electronic ignition system. Plus, it’s shielded by heat-resistant encased wiring, adding an extra layer of reliability to your grilling sessions.
If you’re a fan of rotisserie cooking, our grill comes equipped with a heavy-duty rotisserie system featuring a 15,000 BTU ceramic rear infrared burner. This combination ensures your rotisserie creations are perfectly cooked and consistently heated.
Cleaning up is a breeze, thanks to the durable and easy-to-clean stainless steel cooking grates. Additionally, the dual-position warming rack provides extra workspace and conveniently lifts up and out of the way when not in use.
The control panel, tucked away for a sleek appearance, keeps the chrome knobs and switches out of sight. Our unique Artisan air curtain chimney design ensures the controls stay cool to the touch, even with the lid closed, enhancing your overall grilling experience.
For those twilight grilling sessions, our Professional grills feature an interior halogen work light with a removable lens, improving visibility and making maintenance hassle-free.
The 304 stainless steel cart combines functionality with style, featuring two side shelves, spacious dual access door storage, and locking caster wheels for easy mobility.
Best 3-Burner Gas Grill – Buyer’s Guide
Which Three Burner Gas Grill Is Right For Me?
As three-burner gas grills are all designed to do roughly the same thing, the only things that separates one grill from another are the additional features and functionality they possess and their price.
And unfortunately, the latter dictates the former. If you want an all-singing and all-dancing grill, it’s going to cost a lot more than a basic three burner grill will.
The most important thing to remember when choosing your grill though is your budget, Set it, and remain firm and whatever you do, don’t exceed the limit that you’ve set for yourself as there’s a grill on our list that’ll fit your budget.
That said if your budget isn’t an issue, and you’re looking for us to point you in the right three burner direction, we’d have to admit that the best grill on our list is the monumentally expensive Weber which will do just about everything except sit up and beg.
But if your budget is limited, we’d recommend that you grill the Char way, and go with either the Broil or Griller three burners, as they’re more than capable of raising the grilling roof and helping you to become a certified grilling master.
What Is A 3-Burner Gas Grill?
A three-burner gas grill is an oven that has been purpose-designed to cook outdoors and is almost always best utilized on either a patio or decking or in a yard.
Using either propane or natural gas as its fuel source, these grills use three separate, individually controlled burners to deliver the heat that it makes to the grill’s cooking surface.
What are the advantages of using a 3-burner grill?
There are several advantages to using a 3-burner grill:
- Versatility: You can create different heat zones on the cooking surface, allowing you to cook a variety of foods at different temperatures simultaneously.
- Even Heating: Three burners distribute heat more evenly across the cooking area, reducing hotspots and ensuring uniform cooking.
- Capacity: A 3-burner grill typically offers a larger cooking area, making it suitable for cooking for larger groups or families.
- Control: You have better control over the cooking temperature, which is crucial for grilling different types of food.
How do I ignite the burners on a 3-burner grill?
To ignite the burners on a 3-burner grill, follow these steps:
- Open the grill lid.
- Turn the gas supply valve on the propane tank or natural gas line to the “On” position.
- Locate the ignition system (usually a button or knob labeled “Ignite” or “Push to Start”).
- Press the ignition button or turn the knob to the “Ignite” position while simultaneously turning one or more burner control knobs to the desired temperature setting.
- The burner(s) should ignite. If they don’t, repeat the process, ensuring the gas supply is on and that the ignition system is working correctly.
Can I use only one burner on a 3-burner grill if I don’t need all three?
Yes, you can use just one or two burners on a 3-burner grill if you don’t need the entire cooking area or want different temperature zones. This flexibility allows you to conserve fuel and cook smaller meals more efficiently.
How do I maintain and clean a 3-burner grill?
Regular maintenance and cleaning are essential for the longevity of your 3-burner grill:
- Clean the grates: After each use, scrub the cooking grates with a grill brush to remove food residue and prevent sticking.
- Empty the grease tray: Dispose of accumulated grease and debris in the grease tray to prevent flare-ups and fire hazards.
- Check for leaks: Periodically inspect the gas connections and hoses for leaks using a soapy water solution.
- Clean the burners: Remove the burners and clean them if they become clogged or have uneven flames.
- Store properly: Cover your grill when not in use and store it in a dry, sheltered area to protect it from the elements.