One of the most useful, and frankly affordable grill and smoker accessories that I use is the pellet smoker tube. These contraptions are designed to house food grade wood pellets, and to burn them slowly and methodically to fill your cooker with delicious smoky flavor.
So if you’re the type who appreciates and enjoys the addition of wood fired smoke flavor to your food, this is a must have accessory for you.
In this article, we’ve highlighted some choices for the best pellet smoker tube. From there, we’ll go over some helpful tips and tricks to get the most out of your pellet smoker tube. By the end, you should have a really good idea of how these things are used and how they can add value to your outdoor cooking toolbox.
Best Pellet Tube Smoker Reviews
Lanney Pellet Smoker Tube, 12” Stainless Steel
- 【BILLOWING SMOKE AND BIG CAPACITY】 The pellet smoker tube has massive density diffusion holes on its body. So the smoker tube can let air come in, diffusing smoke efficiently and evenly to your food. The perforated design and hexagon shape of tube smoker allow the pellets stay lit the best and fully burn to provide constant smoke. With a length of 12 inches large capacity, the wood pellets smoker tube is capable of holding enough pellets and will produce abundant quantity of smoke up to 5hrs.
- 【UNFORGETTABLE FLAVORS FOR HOT AND COLD SMOKING】This smoke tube can be used with various wood pellets such as cherry, hickory, mesquite, apple, pecan to add different tastes. The 12" tube smoker works with wood chips as well. You can mix these or stack them in the tube. This smoke tube is perfect for hot and cold smoking, adding wonderful smoking flavor to many types of food: meats, cheeses, veggies, nuts, bacon, chicken, salt, burger, steaks, pork, hot dogs, sausages, fruit, corn, and more!
- 【WORKS WITH ALL GRILLS AND SMOKERS】 The smoker tube is compatible with electric, gas, charcoal, pellet grills, any type of grills of any size and shape. Just fill the barbeque smoker tube with wood pellets, lean the grill smoker tube against the inside wall or of put it in the middle or any position. The bbq pellet smoker tube will release smoke. This bbq smoker tube turns your barbeque grill into a smoker without modification. The smoke generator is also designed to supplement smoke in a smoker
- 【IMPROVED DESIGN AND STAINLESS STEEL MATERIAL】 Unlike traditional circular smoker tube, the special hexagonal smoker tube can stay steadily and will not roll on grill grate. Open cap at one end is for easy filling and lighting. Closed cap at other end keeps pellets inside. The whole smoker tube is made of high standard 304 grade stainless steel that is anti-rust and heat-resistant. With excellent workmanship, the smoker tube is very durable and will not be broken or bent after long-time use.
- 【IDEAL GIFT CHOICE AND SATISFACTION GUARANTEE】 The pellet smoker tube comes with bonus items: 1 silicone brush for basting food, 1 tube brush for efficient cleaning, and 2 S hooks for hanging the smoker tube. All of these are packaged well in a box. You can take it anywhere for outdoor use. The portable smoker tube set is a great gift idea. Have a try at it. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return the product for a full refund. Totally risk-free and hassle free!
When it comes to the top pellet tube smoker choice, it’s hard to argue with the 12 inch Pellet Smoker Tube by Lanney.
The goal with any pellet tube is to provide a consistent supply of smoke into your cooking chamber. The Lanney is designed with a hexagonal shape and a perforated design which in combination help your wood pellets stay lit and burn evenly.
Dimensions wise, this tube is 12 inches long and 2 inches wide, which is enough to hold enough pellets for about 5 hours of consistent smoke. That’s plenty of capacity for many smoking jobs, and even for a 10 hour brisket smoke you’ll only have to refill one time to get the job done.
A high quality 304 stainless steel was used to construct the tube, which will last a long time even with heavy use. Even though it’s durable, the Lanney Pellet Smoker Tube is very lightweight at only about 10 ounces – so it can be easily transported and used in combination with many types of grills and types of smokers.
Last but not least, it comes with a basting brush, tube cleaning brush, and a couple of S hooks to help conveniently hang the tube while it’s not in use.
A-MAZE-N AMNPS Maze Pellet Smoker
- FULL SMOKE - Get a full-bodied smoke for up to 12 hours using a-maze-n pellets. Smoke time will vary depending on what chips or pellets you are using
- PERFECT FOR ANYTHING – Great for use on salt, cheese, poultry, fish, pork & steak. Add a mouthwatering smoky flavor to anything you can fit in your smoker
- RUST FREE – Stainless steel construction prevents corrosion to preserve the life of your pellet smoker
- ONLY 12.6 OZ - The lightweight design makes A-MAZE-N Pellet Smoker easily transportable from the grill to the campsite
- CONVENIENT SIZE - 5" l x 8" w size makes it easy to use with almost any grill
Alright, so the A-MAZE-N Maze Pellet Smoker isn’t technically a tube, but it deserves a place on this list because it serves the exact same function as the best pellet tube smoker. In many ways, it even performs better.
The maze design allows for you to get up to a whopping 12 hours of consistent smoke, which is enough to handle even the longest brisket smoking sessions. Most other pellet tube smokers have about a 4 hour smoke capacity.
Not only that, but the maze is 5 inches by 8 inches and weighs less than a pound. Because of that it’s incredibly easy to store and take on the go if you ever need to.
LIZZQ Premium Pellet Smoker Tube 12″
- ✅ This accessory is designed to WORK IN ANY GRILL (gas, electric or charcoal) and with any smokers. It ADDS GREAT FLAVOR for your meat or fish and exposes them to a tasteful smoke of smoldering wood.
- ✅ The pellet smoker can produce smoke for UP TO 5 HOURS SMOKING which is perfect for both hot and cold smoking pork, ribs, cured meat, hot dogs, sausages, chicken, cheese, lamb, fish, nuts, fruit, corn, bacon and more.
- ✅ It can be USED WITH A VARIETY OF WOOD PELLETS such as Cherry, Hickory, Mesquite, Apple, Pecan and more.
- ✅ Its NEW HEXAGON SHAPE ALLOWS FOR EFFICIENT DIFFUSION OF SMOKE, therefore, it will give you the best smoking result. Not like the traditional circular smokers that can roll around, this hexagon shape stays in place to provide balanced smoking.
- ✅ This smoking tube is MADE FROM STAINLESS STEEL 304 which is safe, durable and easy to clean.
A worthy competitor is the LIZZQ Premium Pellet Smoker Tube, which shares a lot of the same characteristics of the Lanney tube.
It shares identical dimensions and a very similar weight, so the results you’d get are going to be pretty similar. Stainless steel is the material of choice and will last for years with proper care.
The hexagonal shape is ideal for a few reasons. First, it ensures that your tube will remain in place while you grill or smoke, unlike the circular shaped tubes out there. Not only that, but the shape also promotes a slow and even burn of your wood pellets – guaranteeing a steady and predictable output of smoke.
KampFit Pellet Smoker Tube 6 Inch
- BUILT TO LAST - Made of 100% stainless steel, will never break, bend or rust easily. Only weighs 5.2oz.
- SLOW ROASTING - With a length of 6", it produces smoke for up to 2 hours during cold smoking.
- IMPROVED DESIGN - The hexagon design easily prevents the smoker from rolling around the grill grates to provide better and safer smoking effect.
- BEST CHOICE - Works with any electric, gas, charcoal or pellet grill. Smooth surface, easy to clean.
- 100% SATISFACTION SERVICE - If you're not satisfied with your purchase, please contact our custumer support and we promise a satisfying solution for you.
Sometimes a full size pellet smoker tube isn’t necessary, and when it’s not the KampFit 6 Inch Pellet Smoker Tube is a great choice. At only 6 inches long, it’s even easier to take on the go and is ideal for taking with you camping or tailgating.
Not only that, but it can be ideal for some of your smaller cold smoking cooks. For example, when you cold smoke cheese you don’t necessarily need a full 5 hours of smoke. Using a smaller tube like this can make things just a little bit easier and more manageable.
Of course, a smaller tube comes with its limitations. The most obvious one being the tube’s wood pellet capacity. You can expect for a fully loaded tube to provide about 2 hours of smoke, less than the 4 or 5 hours you can get off of a 12 inch tube.
All around, this is a great choice for the best pellet smoker tube if something a little smaller and more portable fits your needs.
A-MAZE-N Oval Expanding Pellet Tube Smoker
- Expanding Tube Smoker easily goes from 12" to 18", just pull to expand it
- Produces smoke for up to 4 hours in the 12" position and 6 hours in the 18" position during Cold Smoking or while supplementing smoke at 225 Degree+ in your grill or smoker
- 12"-18" size makes it easy to use with almost any grill!
- Oval tube design helps keep it in place and not roll away
- Produces very little ash
If you’re looking for maximum smoking time, the A-MAZE-N Oval Expanding Pellet Tube Smoker is a great choice. It features an innovative design that allows for you to adjust the tube length between 12 inches and 18 inches long.
While in the 12 inch position, the tube will hold enough pellets for about 4 hours of smoking. But when extended, the 18 inch position will house enough wood pellets to smoke for up to 6 hours at a time. The extra space can come in really handy for those longer BBQ smoking jobs.
Even though this tube features a round design, it’s actually oval and not a circle. So when it is placed on the broad side of the oval it will stay in place and not roll away.
DIMESHY Pellet Smoker Tube – 12”
- 【WORKS WITH ALL GRILLS AND SMOKERS】 This pellet smoker tube is compatible with electric, gas, charcoal, pellet grills, any type of grills of any size and shape. The bbq pellet smoker tube will release smoke. This bbq smoker tube will turns your barbeque grill into a smoker without any modification.
- 【PERFECT FOR HOT AND COLD SMOKING】 DIMESHY pellet smoker can produce smoke which is perfect for both hot and cold smoking pork, ribs, cured meat, hot dogs, sausages, chicken, cheese, lamb, fish, nuts, fruit, corn, bacon and more.
- 【VARIETY BILLOWING SMOKE PRODUCED】 Just add your favorite wood ball (apple, pecan, hickory, mesquite, oak, cherry, etc.), use a torch to light it, let it burn for about 3-5 minutes, then blow the flame out and put the smoker tube on the grill. One tube smoker can be filled with your favorite pellets to provide billowing smoke for 5 hours.
- 【IMPROVED DESIGN AND 304 STAINLESS STEEL MATERIAL】 This NEW SQUARE SHAPE ALLOWS FOR EFFICIENT DIFFUSION OF SMOKE, therefore, it will give you the best smoking result. Not like the traditional circular smokers that will roll around, this square shape pellet smoker tube stays in place to provide balanced smoking, Which is made from 304 stainless steel food grade material.
- 【DIMESHY BRAND】Good gift for Family, Friend.
The DIMESHY Pellet Smoker Tube is another solid choice for the best pellet smoker tube and is made of sturdy 304 stainless steel.
Instead of a circular or round shape, this tube is square and most certainly won’t be a risk to roll around inside of your grill after it’s lit. The opening of the tube is 2 inches wide and holds enough pellets to provide a solid 4 hours of smoke per refill.
On top of that, this tube comes with a scrub brush and is backed by a lifetime warranty. It’s also dishwasher safe if it ever gets dirty enough that you feel like it needs to take a run through the dishwasher.
About Wood Pellets
Wood pellets are hardwood fuel capsules designed originally for use inside of a pellet grill. With the explosion in popularity of pellet grills over the last decade, wood pellets have become more widely available and affordable as a fuel for outdoor cooking.
Because of this, people began to naturally find other applications for wood pellets, which is how pellet smoker tubes came about.
If you want to learn more about wood pellets, check out our comparison of wood pellets and wood chips next.
What is a Pellet Tube Smoker Used For?
What makes a pellet tube smoker so great is that it gives you a way to utilize hardwood pellets outside of the pellet grill. Here are a couple of practical ways that you can utilize the benefit of the best pellet tube smoker:
- Cold smoking. Pellet tube smokers are fantastic cold smoke generators. One of the biggest challenges with cold smoking is exposing flavored smoke to your food without heating your cooking chamber. If you’re cold smoking cheese, for example, heat will cause your cheese to melt. A pellet tube smoker is extremely portable and you can set it far away from your cold smoked food with ample ice and water trays in between the tube and your food.
- Converting a gas grill to a smoker. Gas grills are a very common type of grill that rely on a connection to propane or natural gas to ignite burners. These grills are capable of making delicious food, but the knock on them is that they can’t deliver the traditional smokey flavor to your food that many people associate with grilling. A pellet smoker tube can help with that. Whether you want to add smokey flavor to a steak or you want to full on convert your gas grill to a smoker, the way to do it is with a pellet tube.
- Supplementing your charcoal grill, pellet grill, or smoker. Maybe you have a traditional smoker or a charcoal grill already. Pellet smoker tubes can still have a place in your tool box – they are a great way to supplement smoke and precisely control which flavors make it into your food.
I hope by now you have an idea of what the best pellet smoker tube can do for you! Pellet tubes are one of the most versatile and often used tools in my outdoor kitchen. Whether it’s a simple flavor add or a full on BBQ smoking session, nothing beats the addition of a little bit of wood fired flavor.
Did we miss any products in our review? Let us know what your suggestions are in the comments section below.